"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Sheaf of Painted Papers

Just sharing more of my latest paintings with you all today...been a while since I posted any of them. I'm still swishing away with my brushes on Tuesdays at my art group and loving it just as well. There is nothing that can replace community...to do things that you love in the company of others who love it just the same will give you a power not to be underestimated. I am quite addicted.





These ducklings are what I was working on today. 
My sister Foxy's ducklings to be exact...and I'm not done yet but I thought I'd share 
because I'm so excited with how they're coming so far. I like the composition a lot.

And here is a genuine framed painting of mine. See! 
This is actually the one I entered in the church art show I mentioned.


And in other news, today was our 8 year wedding anniversary! Hooray! Very hard to believe we have been married that long. Our marriage is in 3rd grade. Lovely. Told A tonight, during our stroll around the grounds of the New England inn where we had dinner, I think this has been our best year yet. Barring the euphoria of the year we were only dating, I think we've had no better time. And even the euphoria probably only brings that year up to a tie with this year. Pretty good stuff. Am enjoying marriage very much these days and feeling very bullish on the whole concept of another 8..... or two or three 8's as the case may be. Bring it on!

After our dinner we were driving back and woohoo!!! The periodic lobster special at one of my favorite little grocery stores was on! And we dashed in for a late night lobster run, you can never have too much lobster and when its only 5.99 a lb....why dawdle.




In some ways I feel made for New England.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment