"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Savoring Minutia


Sometimes you just have to stop and appreciate the tiny things. Stunning little bits that you miss if you're always dashing around with the diaper bag falling off your shoulder shouting, "I really mean it! One more time young man and you will have a time-out!" You know.

Last night A took the boys outdoors for me after he got home from work (as is his fairly frequent habit now, bless the man) and I took the camera to the back yard where I enjoyed the blessed quiet. Mmm....nothing like you, the camera and a little natural minutia to take your breath away.
Look at that dew! Stunning, I tell you!



And here I am, putting my John Hancock on the official paperwork to seal the acceptance of our offer on the big white colonial. (which will need much cooler name if we end up living there) Tonight we went over with the inspector and he gave the whole place the once over. And the long and short of it is that its a very sound old house. I was delighted. The very friendly neighbors came over the hedge to cheer with us and let their pug dog lick the boys faces and then we meandered around the yard and dreamed about which shrubs to tear out and how to prune the apple tree and which spot was best for the vegetable garden. The neighbor gardens. *grin grin grin* Am very happy.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment