I have noticed that in the waste space along the freeways there are some old forgotten orchard trees...I saw them for the first time last year and assumed they were cherries but missed a chance to go see them close up because we were so busy with baseball. They are just opening to peak bloom right now and I managed to park and run over to check some out on a side street near an overpass. They are not cherries, but maybe some kind of plum or peach. I am curious to see what/ if any fruit develops as the summer goes on. Lovely to feel homey enough where I live to be able to start picking out little curiosities like that to keep tabs on.
I am starting to feel pretty settled. I have places for most everything in the house, I am starting to feel like our possessions are trimmed down to an amount that more closely match this space. I have people to call in case we are trouble, know the neighbors, have the mailman's name down and even occasionally run into folks we know at the grocery store. Its such a good feeling to nest in more firmly and feel the amazing mix of wonder at the novelties but comfort over the known.
Spring is coming and I am working on tuning up my life and schedule...working out all the little ways things can be tweaked and adjusted and let go and removed. Isn't it wonderful to remember that we are the stewards of our own lives?
Here's What's New Right Now:
- I have been making meals for families with new babies or sick members at our church and homeschool group as a little way to contribute to the community.
- I am cutting back on fruit and coffee and going back to a more strict interpretation of paleo eating.
- I am trying a new sleep schedule (to bed before my husband) to try to get 8 hours and still have morning quiet time alone.
- Minimization has come back into my life in a firm manner.
- Watching the boys play piano is inspiring and I have been planning to get my fiddle back out for tune up and learning.
- I am painting weekly now thanks to standing babysitter dates.
- We are not doing baseball this spring.
- Taking Zumba in addition to yoga.
- I am signing up for another year with Classical Conversations.
- We are planning a big trip to Italy this spring!
- I cut a bunch of length off my hair after it kept breaking and breaking.
What are you shifting and changing in your life this season?