"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Friday, May 14, 2010

Duet Magic

I'm not a crazy, wild American Idol fanatic. First of all we don't have t.v. so that sort of shoots keeping up with it at all, and then secondly, I'm not a fan of the whole idea of nationwide idolism/the complete commercialization of young artists. On the other hand, I think Simon Cowell is wonderful, I do like the dreadlocks + dimples of one of the latest contestants, Crystal Bowersox. Plus she has a stunning voice and sings stuff I like. So, there's that.

And so, I'm leaving all of you for the weekend with this tremendous video of her latest on show exploit, a duet that knocked me clean over. I could just sit there and hit play again and again. So pretty. Love how they twinkle into each other's eyes as they sing, the way the camera swings lazy circles around them and the way she affectionately manhandles the neck of his guitar in the after-interview. Cute cute cute. Do you think I could get away with wearing feathers in my hair?



Tomorrow (the due date I calculated), a slew of houses, the next day a midwife appointment after church and then more realtor meetings and maybe somewhere in there...time for a long, warm bath. Unless....Baby cancels all plans! We'll just wait and see.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment