"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Monday, September 20, 2010

Have Dishwasher Will Scrub.....

The biggest news of the hour is that we now have a dishwasher!!! Hooray! I feel like I won the lottery. Its amazing how much time, counter space and energy it takes to be without one. Maybe I'm a wimp, but it feels like such a massive load off my shoulders to get one installed.

We also did some minor kitchen adjustment in the process, moving our refrigerator to the other side of the room and installing more counter top and a small side cupboard and drawer next to the new pot scrubber.
Here's the "Before" kitchen arrangement....we moved the fridge over against the wall in the far left corner of the shot...and put the dishwasher in its place.
Was so very proud of myself for hauling my three children to the Re-Store and picking out a used counter top and an appropriately sized side cabinet piece to nest against the dishwasher...purchasing and loading it into the car.
 


All my measurements were great and everything fit together like puzzle pieces. The countertop was a bit big so the installer guys cut it down for me, but they were so precise and careful that they did a better snug custom fit than I could have ever "found" someplace.

I now have soft spot in my heart for hard working Polish appliance installer men. Truly, they were the best. Now I just have to figure out how to get their extension cord back to them after the left it in our dining room.
I plan to hang the microwave in that funny niche the fridge left, up above the dishwasher, which will give me even more clear countertop.

Fridge in its new home on the opposite side of the kitchen



But just look at the results!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment