"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Green Dreams

Spending all my spare time reading the huuuuuge pile of garden books  you can see in the photo above, that A and I brought home from the library. There are little stacks of them all over the house...dinner table...floor....bed...end table....everywhere! And my nursing/book time is all green. This means that I'm spending all slow moments problem solving or imagining or chuckling over garden thoughts. I am having dreams filled with Latin names, people.

Tonight I thought I'd share a little video of an urban farmer I admire. I hope she's not too edgy for the audience. Please no flaming me because she makes you cringe. *wince wince wince* I think she's really cool, although admittedly what she's doing is a bit beyond the pale.



I used to dream of doing something like her, but now I think we'll probly stop at bees for livestock and not get a whole lot wilder than a few fruit trees and a small water feature in the garden department. Um...I think. Heh.

Time to get brave and go measure our plot so I can draw up the blueprints and get this garden hacked out. I am being a total wimp about the numbers. Drawing to scale w/ a million measurements? Enough to make a green thumb quake in her boots.

Now what page was I on?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment