"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Monday, March 29, 2010

Drowsy, Rainy Day...

Am feeling so foggy suddenly: slow moving, sleepy, sluggish, and a little mentally fuzzy to boot. Didn't do a lot today except stay in and watch the rain mist down on the daffodils, fold a little laundry, wash dishes and read books with the boys. OH yes, and nap. I napped. I never nap but, I couldn't seem to help myself, bed was calling and wow was it hard to get up afterwards.

The baby has settled pretty low, my lung capacity doesn't seem to be so affected and although I need smaller portions than normal at mealtime, I'm not having heartburn or any other symptoms of Baby Bird floating high. I am having quite a lot of practice contractions and feeling like I have to run to the bathroom every few minutes. Just not a lot of room left in the lower quadrant anymore.

The weather is feeling more and more springlike too which makes me think more and more about how close I'm getting to the end. I'm in my 33rd week this week and A plays poking games with Baby Bird in the evening and in the morning I watch the pussywillows floofing out into pale yellow baby chick fuzz on the tree outside our bedroom window. The crocuses are done and faded to ragged bits of grey petal amongst their stripey leaves, on to the daffodils and hyacinths! Just this weekend the forsythia really opened and I expect we'll be seeing the tulips any minute. We're to the part of the year where this quote goes round and round in my mind a lot:
“First a howling blizzard woke us,
Then the rain came down to soak us,
And now before the eye can focus –
Crocus.”
- Lilja Rogers

As I type I can hear the local spring peepers churring up a storm outside just beyond the top of our driveway. I am happy to have it really settling in to spring weather and starting to feel the pressure to get baby plans all squared away, I'd like to have things pretty much figured out before we leave for California in just a couple of weeks.

All is a bit of a foggy muddle in our home at moment, A is all about taxes, I am thinking about Baby and the boys are as focused as possible on getting outdoors every time the door opens.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment