"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Friday, September 16, 2011

Poetry Friday: A Cell Phone Poem

Image representing iPhone as depicted in Crunc...Image via CrunchBaseHappy Poetry Friday! Today's poem is all about my latest conundrum. I gone and lost my blasted phone. I've done this a few times in my life, shocking I know, considering my normally very organized approach to personal property. I have however, never lost an iPhone. This feels like a particular image-blow somehow. I am still searching high and low and wondering if I will somehow think of some helpful clue for finding it or just run across it in some overlooked location (Please God!). It has to still be somewhere, right? The most notorious of my phone-losing-episodes was the time I discovered when we were moving, that a phone I had misplaced had long ago been shoved (presumably by a little boy) down into a crack between said boy's bed and the wall. Argh!

A wears his phone in a spectacular geek-holster on his hip, in all weather with all outfits to solve this very problem. Although terribly practical, his approach doesn't strike me as something I'd be very willing to do despite his very broad suggestions on the topic. Can you see me with my own spectacular geek-holster? What to do, what to do!

In the meantime, while we search and ponder and try to figure out what to do if said-phone never does reappear, I wrote a poem. :)

Lost Phone
I lost my phone on Sunday.
There has been no hand-clock
No reminder dings,
No way to zip-check the weather
And of course not a single text.
I feel more un-hitched,
My own private soul
Drifting, in a cacoon, apart from
The rest of digitized humanity.
It is evening peace to lie down
Without plugging in the charger.
No ringer interruption at dinner,
And no face-glow distraction
After putting the boys to bed.
But I am also apart now.
Friends sigh and send emails
That I will eventually open
Instead of calling up instantly to
Tell me about the perfect
Garage sale purse.

You can find the other poets and verse of the day over at today's Poetry Friday host, Poem Farm.
Photobucket
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment