"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Monday, February 14, 2011

Art Distraction

The drawing class that A and I are taking together through community ed. met again tonight. I am super, super enjoying it. I am not sure if it is because I am wildly learning things or more just that I so enjoy artistic people and artistic pursuits.

I feel myself let down and be able and free and empowered in this setting more than I feel in many other areas of life. Every week I get giddier and giddier as the class time approaches and then once I walk in the room I can feel myself relax so deeply. It is so hard to pack up and go home again. I always linger, talking and talking and talking to the teacher about anything...just to not leave.

She's lovely. I feel lucky to have her for my first non-high school art instructor. She's very warm and I bloom under warm.

Every week when I sit down to draw it takes me a while to get my focus zoomed in. The tables themselves on which we lean our elbows, stack our materials and arrange the still lives are such living works of art. I could almost imagine framing a corner of one of them. What stories they must have! I'm sure they've seen some amazing creations. It's lovely to me to think that small souvenirs of creation have clung on. I love how rife the world is with story.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment