"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Lovely Pear

 Is there anything prettier than Bosc pears? That dusty brown green color...and those elegant long stems. So lovely. Shapes hardly could be more graceful. And to think that they call women who are pudgy on the bottom "pear shaped." as though its some sort of ungainly descriptor.

Heavens! I'll be pear-shaped any day.Which is handy...since that's how I fall on those charts anyhow.



I think I ought to try painting pears. They are some of the most beautiful things I know. And I'm not the only one who thinks so! I love this giant pear sculpture near Boston [sculptor: Laura Baring-Gould] that I hope to visit someday, and this flock of giant pears [sculptor: George Baldessi] that I won't be visiting anytime soon, in New Zealand. I also think this, this and this are stunning examples of  pear beauty but my very favorite is this whimsical piece. *grin grin* Such happy pears!

Got any other favorite art pears that I should know about?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment