"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Friday, July 23, 2010

Storybook Series

Just sifting photos today and noticed this wonderful set of shots that Ru took of his little brother reading his favorite book of the moment. I love that his big brother thought this was a good subject, I love that he's so absorbed that he's reading standing up, I love that we see him through the handle of the broom and framed by the cupboard he's standing next to, I love the way the book moved up and down in the shots, I love that you can see me making dinner on the counter behind him and I love the myriad little expressions he makes under the story's spell.

Love the way he's absorbed in the back cover page here and letting the story bits fall open also digging the inquisitive angle of his head.



Something serious here...
Love the furrowed brow sticking out over the book
Focus on the book now....his little head is blurry background...cute, cute.
Cute little jolly emotion here
Get a load of that cute little bit of hair sticking up...and those tiny fingers curled around the cover

Having children is such a wonderful business. Its super fun to watch them "become." I love watching to see what shapes they unfurl into. Its like those little gel cap, sponge animals we played with as kids (did you play with those?) that melt away on contact with hot water and slowly uncurl and then Tada!!! You can see that your red capsule was a hippo! So cool! I feel like I did when I was five with my chin up over the edge of my grandma's bathroom sink, watching to see what the capsules I've been given become. You know all the shapes are good....but golly...who knows what they'll be! The fun is in the revealing. I love watching Ru learn to love photography and seeing through his eye when I upload his pictures, I love seeing Dee pick favorite stories and watching what special bits he loves and why. Its just really darn cool watching my boys be them! I can't wait to see what Nib becomes. Maybe he'll be a little red hippo! You never know! Mommyhood is cool like that.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment