"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Jellyfish on the Ceiling








Jellyfish hanging from my ceiling has never been a big dream of mine....

Until now.

The boys and I went to the local aquarium and they were in the process of hanging dozens of gigantic white vellum jellyfish from the roof. They were stunning! Isn't it amazing to see something enlarged and made into a decorative paper form and suddenly see it as an object of art. This is why I love biology, I love noticing the intricate details and rippling patterns the shuddering beauty of it all! This kind of thing is all around us....life is beautiful art. I bet the parts of a cell or different varieties of lichen would be just as beautiful in hanging paper decorations....its just hard to see the beauty of the world sometimes until you turn it into a hanging sculpture that flutters gently in the air over your head.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment