"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Flower Cache



I think it is safe to say that we have survived. I drove, over a thousand miles by myself with four wild kids in a mini-van and made it back alive. The weather here at home is mild, all the mini-snowfall we had this past weekend has melted away to mud and the yard is filled with migrating juncos and robins. There is a pair of fawn colored wrens investigating the tree hydrangea outside the kitchen window for nesting. Yesterday when the boys and I settled back into our normal groove and went out for a pre-nap neighborhood promenade.



We wandered into a little forgotten section of our nieghborhood where a  scrub woods and a scruffy trail runs behind some of the houses, a favorite secret ramble of ours and we found Spring. How have I lived here two years still never seen this carpet of early spring crocus and snowdrops?????



WOW! I was open-mouthed and the boys were positively giddy. It was pretty tough to tear ourselves away and head back up the hill to our house for naps but I can guarantee that there were sweet dreams.We're gonna make it, y'all. I'm off to unpack the pea seeds in honor of St. Patty's Day approaching.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment