"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

I'm A Pioneer, Dragon Woman From A Special School

There's a meme going around that's totally delicious. Everyone is sharing the three fictional characters to blend together to describe themselves. I love me a character portrait and I also love personal examination. This little social experiment has both. Yum. Why stop at my three characters? I'm going deeper.

The three I chose were:


Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter

Danaerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones 
Milly from Seven Brides For Seven Brothers

A and I got to talking together and one of the most interesting parts of this whole thing is trying to guess what a person is thinking of when they say that a character represents them. There are a constellation of pieces that make-up a character and real people are at least as complicated. I started chewing through the reasons for picking this character or that (I thought of several who could have been on the list) and whittled it down using the virtues that each one embodied, trying to map across each of them, different key aspects of my values. Kind of fun....

I picked Luna for: Loyalty, Unconventionality and Perceptiveness
Danaerys represented: Strength, Belief In Mystic Destiny. and Tender Vulnerability
Milly signified: Capability, Energy and Femininity  

These are some of my deepest held values. Kind of fun to unpack, weigh and consider...all because of a meme on social media. Nothing like a weekend away with a little fun time on your hands and the rippling tide of information and communication and ideas that is the internet. 






Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That's great Carleen.. You are an exceptional Character..God loves to display you to the world. I look forward to the progression of your character as it becomes ever increasingly free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!! I love how well you know yourself...and your taste in literatures+film ;) we've only hung out a couple times but I can definitely confirm seeing those traits in you!
    -Corie

    ReplyDelete