"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Welcome To Orange Blossom Cottage!

Thought I'd give you all an updated peek at our little house, which I have named Orange Blossom Cottage. This is the view, when you roll up and park in the spot out in front of our house as an overnight guest! Please, feel free to imagine....


And then this is looking to the right so you can see the whole little front yard and all the gorgeous roses along the fence. I think our little town is the perfect climate for tea roses and lemon trees. You wouldn't believe how lushly the roses are blooming, with no special care or encouragement beyond a heavy pruning this winter. Someone planted them long ago, the stems are bigger around than my wrist at the ground....and so covered with craggy, old bark that I'm not sure I'd identify them as a rose in a photo. There are pinks and yellows and reds and oranges and they smell wonderful too. I'm so lucky. On the front of the house there is a beautiful bougainvillea that I trimmed waaaaaaaay back with the help of a local landscaping man and arranged to no longer block the front window and instead to coil around the window on a trellis and also over onto the fence that leads to the backyard. This is a big change in yard space for us....this is our only "lawn" area with classic swathes of grass. We mostly have paved space and garden beds in the back. I am astonished by how freeing it is to have such a tiny area to mow. So lovely. Welcome to our cottage....consider booking a room soon!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Carlee, we actually looked at that house when hunting for homes back in August/Sept. It is a great home and I hoped you are truly blessed there. Welcome to San Leandro!!! Please come visit my home soon for a play date.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlee, we actually looked at that house when hunting for homes back in August/Sept. It is a great home and I hoped you are truly blessed there. Welcome to San Leandro!!! Please come visit my home soon for a play date.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete