"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Golden State of Produce

This morning the boys and I went out foraging and we brought some record varieties: avocados, pomegranates, limes, lemons, figs etc. Folks, we're not in Connecticut anymore!


We headed out to Cali, tagging along with A for a month of job training. So he trains and the homeschool boys and I jet around adventuring!





Today we picked random scrub fruit from the scruffy corners of urban streets, played in the hot tub and took deep breaths of the piney + eucalyptus West Coast scent.


Tomorrow we explore the Farmer's Market and hatch plans for Halloween costumes! Will there be ideas inspired by our travels?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Looks like SO much fun! Hey, Carlie, will you send me a few pictures of mellow figs and fig trees with ripened fruit...fruit on the ground, or whatever you can find? I wrote a post on mellowing like a fig, but I have no pictures, since we visited Israel in the springtime. THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete