"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wineberry Harvest

I haven't picked wild wineberries in a couple of years, they are the invasive "raspberry" of our area. They are delicious and roadside abundant and every year I mean to find the time to stop and pick but then the season goes whipping past and I miss it again.

The truth is, folks...if you make time, you have time. I tell that saying to my boys all the time and I aspire to live it out bravely. Today, between appointments with a thunderstorm looming ahead of me and four squirrely boys in the car, I pulled over and picked wineberries.

Stopping insistently to harvest a cupful made me happy all day and here, in the quiet of the sleeping house, eating them with cream and coconut sugar, I feel positively gleeful about my juicy riches. I might need to go out again tomorrow with a basket and snare the same high. The season is still on!

No comments:

Post a Comment