For instance, here are some of the things which will go in my Autumn slice of the wheel:
Autumn In NoCal Means.....
- Monarch butterflies drifting through traffic
- Blush of color on the sweet gum, pepper, ginko and crepe myrtle trees.
- Ripe persimmons in my garden
- Figs area ready to eat in every corner lot
- Wild mushroom hunting time in the hills!
- Twilight mating season walks for tarantulas
- Planting the winter veggie garden
- Monsoon season begins
- The prickly pear cactus fruits
- Crab fishing season!
- Meteor shower time, head to the hills for spectacular shows
- Waterfalls re-appear...time for all the hikes along rivers.
- Napa is hung with astounding grapes of all varieties and colors
- Gold Rush Days in Sacramento (we'll make it next year!)
- Dia De Los Muertos celebrations throughout the area
- Olive harvest and oil pressing
- Elk mating season
- Bird migrations....some are spectacular (wild cranes for instance)
Did I miss any? Let me know your favorite things about Autumn in The Bay. I wanna notice all the stuff.