This is the one final push. There's about a month left of summer, that epic, open ended time full of carefree adventuring and outdoors fun. Because I am a lists girl and because I believe in seizing that day, I thought I'd listify the stuff I haven't ticked off yet this summer.
Lists help me let go of things I mean to remember, otherwise they keep popping up randomly in my mind and then I forget them and then two more pop up and are forgotten and I accomplish my goals haphazardly with a lot of niggling background stress about stuff I mean to do and things I forgot. So, here's what's rattling around in my brain at odd hours at the moment:
The....Summer Isn't Over List
- Have a proper picnic.
- Go swimming at our local beach 5 more times.
- Go peach picking.
- Can tomato sauce.
- Go horseback riding with Ru and maybe Dee.
- Take a daytrip to Concord, MA.
- Go fishing with the boys.
- Make popsicles.
- Go hunting for chanterelles.
- Have a lawn breakfast party.
- Finish the brick edging on our front walk.
- Drink more juices!
- Catch a local baseball game with the boys. Bridgeport Bluefish, here we come!
- Bake a lemon meringue pie.
- Take a surfing lesson.
- Watch the sunset over the water.
- Paint my bedroom.
- Raise a monarch butterfly.
- Go see the lighthouse in Manhattan.
- Visit the aquarium.
What's still left on your list? Don't give up! Strategize!