"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." Zelda Fitzgerald

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Trimming My Sails

English: Paintbrush Português: Trincha
English: Paintbrush Português: Trincha (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
The radiator, segueing from old dingy white to glossy new white.

The sun is shining, the tomatoes are pouring in, the weather is finally cool enough to stand and the mosquitoes are thicker than thieves in our yard. My speckled legs bear testament. Urgh. So...I'm painting indoors for respite.
Before Trim
After Trim!


 The trim in the boy's bath is finally getting a glossy coat of white and I'm humming away. Coming along, isn't it? I'm so excited about the whole project. I think this room may really end up looking miles better. I adore the cool aqua blue on the walls and shiny white trim always makes me feel better. Have a peek!

The baby has learned to stay asleep for a reasonable amount of time and little jobs like this don't require any taping or hauling out of drop cloths. I could do picky detail work like this all day long. I love being down on my hands and knees with a bitty brush, trying to be sure to go right up to the very edge. What does that mean about me? Something important I'm sure.
Photobucket
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment